The ALS Association Rocky Mountain Chapter understands the financial burden that a diagnosis of ALS can cause and we are pleased to be able to offer a Quality of Life Grant of UP TO $500 for patients diagnosed with ALS who are registered with the Chapter and whose primary residence is within the service area of the Colorado, Utah and Wyoming.
Grant applicants AND recipients MUST be registered with the Chapter to be approved. Families are eligible for ONE grant per calendar year. Grant requests more than of $500 will not be approved.
All requests are subject to the availability of funds at the time of submission. Only expenses that are not covered by insurance or other sources will be considered.
Well Being and Family Support
- Caregiver support to include Respite Care for primary family caregivers provided by a professional caregiver
- Housekeeping, home maintenance, yard maintenance expenses
- Counseling (individual and/or family) with a licensed provider
- Personal response system/Medical Alert Systems
- Training and Set up of Alternative and Augmentative Communication Device
- Medical transportation service or cab service to and from ALS related medical appointments
- Accessible transportation
- Materials and labor for home accessibility modifications such as: shower modifications, grab bars, bidets, and expandable door hinges
- Building materials for ramps
- Clinic Fees/Co-payments for ALS related appointments
- Acupuncture and Massage Therapy (for person living with ALS)
- Durable Medical Equipment co-pays for hand splints and ankle foot orthotics.
This is a reimbursement grant program. In limited, pre-approved cases, payment may be made directly to a vendor. In the case of direct payment to the vendor, an invoice with exact pricing must be included. To apply for a grant, the completed Request for Funds form with copies of corresponding receipts.
All applicants should consult with their Chapter Care Coordinator prior to submitting a grant application, however, if you have any questions about any of the materials or requirements, please contact:
Suzanne Schrag, Sr. Dir., Care Services
Careservices@alsaco.org or 303-832-2322 x205